(1) I have seen most of the so called astrologers do not know the meaning of the Sanskrit word Varga used in Vargottamsh. As you all know that without understanding the meaning of Sanskrit word properly it will impossible to make use of the techniques headed by the title given to that technique in Vedic Jyotish. So without understanding the meaning of Varga in true sense the concept of Vargottamsh as described in Vedic Jyotish cannot be used properly.
(2) The Sanskrit word Varga has two meanings one Group and other is Square and in the concept of Vargottamsh both meanings are useful.
(3) Everybody in the field of Vedic Jyotish knows the first meaning of the word Varga as Group but its second meaning Square also finds it applicability in Vargottamansh.
(4) Suppose Planet A gets following strength out of 20 units:
(4.1)In Rashi: 10 units and in Navansh or any other Divisional Chart in same Rashi as in Rashi Chart: 10 units then in Vargottama condition these results will be multiplied: 10 * 10 = 100 units = Square (10). It indicates mega attainments. This condition holds good in case of well disposed Planet such as Planet in exaltation but not in exaltation degrees. It also includes the conditions of Cancellation of debilitation or Vipreet Rajyoga in Rashi Chart as well as in concerned divisional chart.
(4.2) In Rashi Chart Planet A gets 1/10 units and in Navansh or any other divisional chart having in same sign as in Rashi Chart: 1/10 units the in both cases 1/10 units = 0.1 units and in Vargottamsh condition both of the results will be multiplied: 0.1 * 0.1 = 0.01 units = Square (0.1). It indicates no attainments. This condition holds good in case of Planet in debilitation but not within debilitation degrees. This condition is also effective in case of Dainey yoga or any Aristha yoga present in Rashi Chart and in anyone of concerned divisional chart.
(5) I hope this article written by me will give useful insights to the learners and researchers of Vedic Jyotish in understanding the Vargottamansh as described in Vedic jyotish.
Written on Tuesday, August 31, 2015 by