“108 – The Ultimate Vedic Number” – an article written by Vishal Aksh
(1) Have you ever thought why there are 108 beads in a Mala used to recite Vedic Mantra? In its reply several logics appear in a common man’s mind several of them are given below:
(i) There are Navadurga (Nine Durga) and Dwadash Jyotirlings (Twelve Shivalinga) so 9 × 12 = 108
(ii) There are 108 Upanishada in Vedic literature
(iii) In Vedic literature there are 108 names of most of the Devta and Devi beside 1008 names of them.
(1.1) Now I am giving the logic behind it which can be the opinion of anyone Astrologer which are as follows:
(i) There are Twelve Zodiacal Signs and Nine Navansh so so in entire Zodiac the total number of Navansh become: 12 × 9 = 108
(ii) There are Twenty Seven Nakshatras and each Nakshtra has four Chranas so total number of Charana becomes: 27 × 4 = 108.
(2) Mahakavi Kalidas in his Uttrakalamitra gave a rule to calculate the rising sign on the basis of numbers in which a number is asked by an astrologer to his client within 1 to 108.
(2.1) For example if you are an Astrologer and two clients ask same query in same time, same day, same month and same year so and you predict same results for them but after some time you got feedback from them and find one got success and other got failure. In that case the number system given by Kavi Kalidas solves this.
(2.2) Ask your clients the number between 1 to 108 secretly. If one client gives 107 and the second one gives 11 then you can calculate rising signs on the basis of numbers. For the benefits of you all I am writing the procedure below in forthcoming paragraphs:
(i) No: 107
Divide this Number by 9 the Quotient +1 represents the Rising sign and remainder represent the number of Navansh.
Or 107 ÷ 9, Quotient = 11 and Remainder = 8
So Rising Sign = Quotient +1 = 11+1 = 12 or Meen Lagna (Sidereal Pisces Ascendant)
And No of Navansh = 8th
Hence the Lagna (Rising Sign) of your one client is Meen (Sidereal Pisces) starting with 8th Navansh or Meen 23⁰ 20’ 00” as 8th Navansh ranges from 23⁰ 20’ 00” to 26⁰ 40’ 00”
(ii) No: 11
11 ÷ 9, Quotient = 1 and Remainder = 2
Rising Sign = Quotient + 1 = 1+1 = 2 or Vrish Lagna (Sidereal Taurus)
Navansh = 2nd which ranges from 03⁰ 20’ 00” to 06⁰ 40’ 00”
Hence the Lagna for your second client will be Vrish 03⁰ 20’ 00”
(2.3) Now you get different Lagna for your clients asking same query in same time. Astrologers should pay their serious attentions on this method of calculating the Lagna.
(2.4) I am also giving below the several important tips for Astrologers in forthcoming paragrapha (i), (ii) and (iii) and those are based on my experience of more than 28 years in the field of Vedic Jyotish and also researches conducted by me:
(i) The calculated Lagna (Rising Sign) on the basis of Number (From 1 to 108) may be same as the birth Lagna of your client or may not be.
(ii) The calculated Lagna (Rising Sign) on the basis of Number (From 1 to 108) always has the influence of your client’s Prarabdha indicated by his Horoscope.
(iii) The calculated Lagna (Rising Sign) on the basis of Number (From 1 to 108) also has the influence of the Planets at the time of its rising on the day when your client approached you.
(3) In year 1983 when I was just 16 years old, I started to predict about my friends and other known person on the basis of Numerology (Modern) and that continued up to year 1988 but it was in year 1989 when I left modern Numerology and accepted Vedic Jyotish for predictive purpose.
(3.1) Modern Numerology recommends the use of modern era and English Alphabets and lacks the Vedic basis. It was not found in agreement with Vedic Jyotish. After some time I found in an ancient Jyotish text the several Sanskrit Shloka dealting with Vedic Numerology. The numbers allotted to various Planets in Vedic Numerology were different from Modern Numerology except Sun and Jupiter. For the benefits of all of you I am giving the Numbers allotted to various Planets as per Vedic Jyotish below:
(i) Sun: 1
(ii) Moon: 7
(iii) Mars: 2
(iv) Mercury: 4
(v) Jupiter: 3
(vi) Venus: 5
(vii) Saturn: 6
(viii) Rahu: 8
(ix) Ketu: 9
(3.2) For all the applied purposes Ketu (No: 9) finds no place in Vedic Numerology for predictive purposes.
(3.3) Number: 0. As per Vedic Puranas 0 or Shoonya (Cipher) is the Vyoma (Sky)
(4) In Vedic Number: 108
(i) Left hand digit 1 is ruled by Sun indicates the Aatma
(ii) Middle digit 0 indicates the Shoonya or Vyooma
(iii) The right hand digit 8 ruled by Rahu indicates the upper limit of Shivalinga.
(5) It was much before the Vedic creation when there was a grapple between Vishnu and Bhrama regarding their superiorities and a Shivalinga appeared with no visible beginning and end points.
(5.1) The Parmatma asked Vishnu to see the beginning of that Shivalinga and Bhrama to see its end. No one between both of them saw the starting and end points of that Shivalinga even after their best efforts.
(5.2) As per Shrishivmahapurana that Shivalinga was extended up to Ardra Nakshtra
(5.3) As per Vedic Jyotish Ardra Nakshatra is ruled by Rahu and its Vedic Devta is Shiva the Parmatma.
(5.4) You see in the Photo of Shiva wearing the garland of Snake (Rahu the extreme limit of this Bhramanda as per Shiva Purana) in his neck and his Mouth is above the Snake indicating Parmatma is above the Bhrmanda and he is viewing all the Karma performed by each and every creature.
(6) The Aatma indicated by No: 1 always tries to meet Parmatma above the extreme limit of the Bhramanda represented by No: 8 and in doing so Aatma is to cross the Shoonya sepreating the Aatma and Parmatma.
(7) No: 108 when Their digits are added: 1 + 0 + 8 = 9 and this is the Number ruled by Ketu and it indicates the reaching of Aatma to the extreme limit of Bhrmanda.
(8) There is no difference between Shiva and Shakti (Parvati). There are nine types of Shakti (Parvati or Durga) and this is given below:
(8.1) (1) Shailputri
(8.2) (2) Bhramcharni
(8.3) (3) Chanderghanta
(8.4) (4) Kushmanda
(8.5) (5) Skandamata
(8.6) (6) Katyaani
(8.7) (7) Kaalratri
(8.9) (8) Mahagauri
(8.10) (9) Siddhidatri
(9) The total of digits of Vedic Number 108 comes out to be 9 as explained earlier. The number 9 comes under the lordship of Siddhidatri which indicates success of Aatma in merging into Parmatma.
(10) The Vedic Numerology has a concrete base and it relates Numbers with Jyotish.
Written on Friday, June 8, 2018 at 11:26 (IST) by