“Four Vedic Aashrama of Life & Their Significances as per Vedic Jyotish” – an article written by Vishal Aksh
(1) The Sanskrit and Hindi word Brahamchrya is the first Ashrama among the four great Ashramas of Sanatan Verdic Hindu way of living life as described in Vedas. The four great Ashramas of life as described in Vedas are (1) Brahamcharya Ashrama approximately up to first 25 yeras of human life, (2) Grastha Asharama (within about 25 to 50 years of human life), (3) Vaanaprastha Ashrama within about 50 to 75 years of life) and (4) Sanyaas Ashrama (Within about 75 to 100 years of human life.
(2) With the advent of time from Vedic era onwards the definitions of this word Brhamcharya were put to several other possible forms even in ancient Vedic texts too and nowadays several schools of thought on Vedas, Puranas and Upnishadas sing their own songs about this. So giving combination of planets about Brahamcharya is a tough job and makes no sense.
(3) Since Jyotish has its roots in Vedas so the Vedic definition about Brhamcharya can be indicated by Planets easily.
(4) In Vedic era the Brhamcharya Ashram the first 24 years of human life in which one uses to complete his education in a Gurukula.
(i) In English too there is a word Bachelor very near to Sanskrit and Hindi word Brahamchaari both in meaning and pronunciation (Somewhat near).
(ii) Nowadays at academic ground a Bachelor degree is awarded to every student generally up to the age of 21 years or so. This indicates the ancient Vedic influence on the now existing word.
(5) Check in a horoscope the combination of education operating up to 25 years of one’s life in Siddhansh Chart (D24) and in main chart.
(i) If Vedic Ayurdaay is taken then it is of 96 years as total term + 4 more years = 100 years. To understand its reason just read the Article: “Ayu (Longevity) As Per Vedic Jyotish” – an article written by me. Follow link: http://horoanalysis.blogspot.com/2018/04/ayu-longevity-as-per-vedic-jyotish.html to view that Article. As per Vedic Jyotish the first phase of life operating up to 24 years is Brahamchrya Aasharma.
(ii) Vedic Jyotish is based on Geocentric System. Earth is supposed to be at Centre and next to it is Moon followed by Mercury, Venus, Sun, Mars, Jupiter & Saturn. In short Moon is very near to earth and Saturn is the most distant Planet from the earth.
(iii) At birth the first influence anyone has is the influence of his birth place represented by his Ascendant or Lagna so (1) Ascendant (Lagna), (2) Moon, (3) Mercury, (4) Venus, (5) Sun, (6) Mars, (7) Jupiter & (8) Saturn influence a person following the Geocentric System.
(iv) If Vedic Age 96 years as per Jyotish is taken then (1) Ascendant (Lagna), (2) Moon, (3) Mercury, (4) Venus, (5) Sun, (6) Mars, (7) Jupiter & (8) Saturn give their good, bad and natural effect in 96 years of one’s life.
(v) If 96 years is divided by 8 then the part of one’s life contributed by each planet including Ascendant will be:
96 ÷ 8 = 12 Years
Hence Vedic Ayurdaay of 96 Years as per Vedic Jyotish contributed by 12 years by each and every planets including Ascendant (Lagna).
(vi) I am giving below the probable years influencing the Vedic Aayurdaaya by each and every planets including Ascendant (Lagna) as per my understanding of Vedic Jyotish.
- From birth to first 12 years: The Part Of Ascendant (Lagna)
- From 12 years to 24 years: Part Of Moon
- From 24 years to 36 years: Part Of Mercury
- From 36 years to 48 years: Part Of Venus
- From 48 years to 60 years: Part Of Sun
- From 60 years to 72 years: Part Of Mars
- From 72 years to 84 years: Part Of Jupiter
- From 84 years to 96 years: Part Of Saturn.
(vii) Each of the four Vedic Ashrama of life comes under the influence of geocentrically arranged two Planets as:
- Brahamcharya Ashrama: It extends from one’s birth to 24 years and Ascendant (Lagna) and Moon contributes 12 years each.
1.1. Lagna & Moon is the two Lagna out of three Lagna of Sudarshana Chakra. Lagna represents Physical developments and Moon represents the Mental developments with the effect of these two one gets physical and mental developments from birth to 24 years in positive or negative sides depending on the position of them and that occurs in Brahamcharya Ashrama.
1.2. As per Vedic Purana, Budh (Mercury) is the son of Moon and it appears in Brahamcharya Ashrama of life in the form of academic attainments.
1.3. It should be noted that Buddhi (Intelligence) represented by Budh (Mercury) appears from Mana (Mind) represented by Chandrma (Moon) and that is why in Vedic Purana Budh (Mercury) is said to be the son of Chanderma (Moon).
1.4. The mental developments in Brahamcharya Ashrama need to be guided so the role of Guru in the form of Teacher, lecturer and Professor becomes prominent.
(6) Since there are two Guru as per Vedic Jyotish and they are Jupiter and Venus so up to first 24 years of human life these two should be dignified in Siddhansh Chart (D24) and in Bhansh Chart (D27).
(i) Mercury represents Vishnu and its influence on Brahamcharya Ashrama also becomes a reason for the coming of his consort Laxmi represented by Venus as a result the formation of Shukranu (semen) in human body also starts occurring in Brahamcharya Ashrama.
(ii) Venus should be well placed in Bhansh Chart (D27) and should be free from the influences of Rahu, Ketu, Saturn, Mars, Gulika or Maandi only then one will be able to protect his Shukranu (semen) from wastages.
(iii) In human body Shukranu (semen) are ruled by Shukra or Venus thus well protected Shukra or Venus in this way enhances the creative intelligence.
(iv) Navansh Chart should also be considered in this context. That horoscope should be freed from any immoral combination. Bhansh Chart represents instinct, strength and weakness so planets forming Vidya yoga in main Chart and Siddhansh Chart should be well disposed in Bhansh Chart (D27) for a good Brahamcharya Ashrama.
(7) Grastha Asharama: This ranges from 24 years to 48 years and this is influenced by Mercury and Venus.
- As per Vedic Purana the Mercury is ruled by Vishnu the protector so within this period one starts earnings. In Dashmansh Chart (D10) the Mercury should be well placed for a good career in this Grastha Asharama.
- Venus ruled by Laxmi the consort of Vishnu opens the ground for a person to select his life partner. Venus should be well posited in Navansh Chart in the horoscope of a man for his happy married life.
- Mercury representing Vishnu and his consort Laxmi represented by Venus motivate wedded couple to produce their child / children in Grastha Asharama.
(8) Vaanaprastha Ashrama: This ranges from 48 years to 72 years. The meaning of Vaanaprastha is going to Jungle. The great Vedic rishi expect wedded couple to leave their homes to do social services or even moving to jungle to make themselves fit and independent.
(i) This Vaanaprastha Ashrama is influenced by Sun and Mars the combination of two malefic Planets. With its impact the father and grandfather represented by Sun under the influence of Mars stop their roles on this earth and the person himself becomes the head of his family.
(ii) The two energetic Planets Sun & Mars influence this Vaanaprastha Ashrama of life and with this effect the person gets name & fame and respect.
(iii) Within this Vaanaprastha Ashrama influence by Sun his son Saturn starts appearing and this result in making his body lean on account of Vaataprokoopa (Windy disturbances). The feeling of Virakti starts and gradually his inclination towards spiritualism starts increasing.
(9) Sanyaas Ashrama: This ranges from 72 years to 96 years and influence by Jupiter and Saturn. The attainment of Gyana (true knowledge) represented by Guru (Jupiter) and Vairagya represented by Shani (Saturn). The person tries to reach at a point known as Mokasha represented by Ketu.
(i) Saturn & Ketu should be well disposed in Bhansh Chart (D27) to give a person a good inner strength to pass this Sanyaas Ashrama successfully. This is Saturn’s effect.
(ii) This is a totally detached life and person having spiritual instincts lead this life and this is Jupiter’s effect. Jupiter too should be well disposed in Bhansh Chart (D27).
Written on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 16:39 (IST) by
(Points (1), (2), (3) & (4) in the aforesaid Article written by me also exists in comments written by me on Sunday, August 2, 2016 at 16:59 (IST) in the comments section of the Article: Views & Reviews written by me in my Facebook Public Group. Follow link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258744764307717/permalink/382132315302294/?comment_id=458410687674456&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D to view them there.)